Are you a dynamic and passionate leader with eons of experience in fashion design? We are seeking a Creative Director, for a growing fashion company in Montreal
- Lead the design output; provide creative direction, develop a line according to market and profitability targets.
- Conduct seasonal market and trend research as well as global markets in order to identify concepts and create a strong product assortment.
- Manage and direct the merchandising and creative teams, coming up with conceptions reflecting brand vision.
- Creation of merchandising calendars, ensuring deadlines are met, working around customer timelines, while maintaining good relationships with factories, communicating expectations on quality and performance.
- Create seasonal color palettes for all products, select and source raw materials, fabrics and trims, ensuring quality and cost targets are met.
- Review all styles for construction, fit and trim details, to ensure they support brand integrity.
- Review product performance in order to direct the team for seasonal line building.
- Manage strong rapport and line presentations with key retailers.
- Team management; issue training, development and performance objectives.
- Fashion Design Diploma
- 7-10 years’ experience in design
- Proficiency in MS Office products, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Ability to travel on a seasonal basis
- Strong collaborator, outside the box thinker and organized.
- Solid design capabilities, experience working with Canadian and US major chains.
- Act as a mentor and a resource person to the design team.
Salary: To be discussed
***Please apply with your CV in a Word document
***Please note that only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted.